Friday, July 5, 2013

Storyteller is the most powerful person in the world!

I worked at NeXT the summer of 94. I was in the break room with 2 colleagues when Jobs walked in and started making a bagel. We were sitting at a table eating ours when he out of the blue asked us

"Who is the most powerful person in the world?"

I said Mandela since I had just been there as an international observer for the elections. In his confident fashion he stated

"NO!...you are all wrong...the most powerful person in the world is the story teller."

At this point I was thinking to myself

"Steve, I love you but there is a fine line between genius and loco..and I think I am witnessing this right now".

Steve continued,

"The storyteller sets the vision, values and agenda of an entire generation that is to come and Disney has a monopoly on the storyteller business. You know what? I am tired of that bullshit, I am going to be the next storyteller"

and he walked out with his bagel.

 

… via Tomas Higbey @ Quora 

… Read More about Steve Jobs: What are the best stories about people randomly meeting Steve Jobs? @ http://buff.ly/17WXTnf

No comments:

Post a Comment